The rise of China has had a transformative impact on almost all areas of global political, economic and social life, and raises some very important questions.
- Will the rise of China lead to the sinicization of the international regime and the liberal order through the process of its historical transformation from being in a semi-periphery position to becoming part of the core of the capitalist world system?
- Will China be a cooperative actor or a disruptive one? A force for continuity or a force for change?
- Is China displaying an alternative development model to all other developing countries?
- Does China´s ascent represent a new ´beginning of history´ rather than ´end of history?´
- Will the rise of China lead to the peripherization of existing semi-periphery countries, and to the altering of the traditional pattern of relationships between the exiting West-based world order and the developing world?